Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reflection 6

Leadership Connector, Continuous Renewal
 
Finding balance is extremely important for us, especially as we are entering into our new positions. We have heard many times, from many leaders in our district, the importance of caring for ourselves and staying healthy.  Our superintendent has also expressed the importance of prioritizing our lives and putting things in check: God, family, then work. 

As I was reading, I was thinking about my life currently and to be honest I feel like I am robbing my kids and myself.  I go to work, I stay late, I bring work home...when do I spend time with my kids or with my husband?  It has become very clear to me that I need to make some changes and prioritize things, but that is easier said than done. 

5 comments:

  1. Will you be able to give them more of yourself once you finish the program? Sometimes, one has to give way too much to a job for a period of time. That's ok if the person seeks to balance things out after the intense period.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comment from Dr. Wise. I have no balance at this time. It never fails that when I take a day off to spend time with family I find myself doing my classwork in a frantic panic and start to doubt that I will finish. Then I realize that ONLY 2 1/2 more months left to go!!!!! I shall begin working on my balance in December!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree as well. Right now I do not have any balance and when I try to put balance in my personal life, I find that my work life takes 10 steps backwards. I remind myself that this is the sacrifice that I have to make for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all struggle with this and I don't even have kids! I am also blessed to have a very understanding principal who always places a high priority on her own family. I think that her attitude has influenced much of our staff to balance things more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand what you are saying Dr. Wise. We will be done with this program sooner than we know it and then the time will definitely be there. Thank you for your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete